Saturday, 12 December 2009
My first job was at Holiday Inn. There was a pre-event and I was in charge of the stall "DIY acessories". In my opinion, it was more of DIFY: Do It For You. The task was simple. For one hour, I was supposed to personalised headbands, handphone acessories, hairclips and badges. It reminded me of the acessory making workshop I had attended a few months back in school. So, in a way, I was already "trained' without realising it. xD
From what I hear, everyone's "firsts" is usually pretty important and memorable. First job, first friend, first prom, first date, etc etc. The number one thing which I learnt is that with a hot glue gun, anything is possible.
Yes, for the first time, I learnt how to use a glue gun!!! That was how I glued mini decorations on the acessories. Although I had trouble using it for a while (nobody told me that the tip was hot so I accidentally touched it >.>), I got used to it. The best part was that the waitress served me a free glass of coke!
Hahas. Yes, I'm so broke that I get excited over free Coke. Anyway, in a nutshell, I love my first job. Thank you, Dolly, for recommending it to me. By the way, Dolly's stall was doing
glitter tattoo. After clearing her work station, she literally showered me with glitter. I pretended to be mad at her. xD
We ended work at around 8pm and went to Great World City (or something like that) for dinner. I ate at a mini Pepper Lunch and as a result, owe Dolly $1. Sigh... It's hard owing people money. But it's all right. If I recall correctly, Kang Yong owes me $1 from the class BBQ. I can use that $1 to pay back Dolly.
So that's pretty much it. My first job. It's a one-time thing so I probably won't be doing this kind of thing again. Still, I had fun. =)
Labels: first
-strips of memory
10:38 am