Tuesday, 8 December 2009
I'M BACK!!!
I've been away for 11 days... One of the downsides of coming back from a super long holiday is that one now has a long way to catch up back at home. So if any of you have nothing better to do, which I doubt since judging from my clearly dusty tagboard, drop me a tag about the latest events.
Speaking of which, I need to find out about this Saturday's choir performance. According to the choir blog, the two performances are on the same day but this contradicts the earliest post. Sigh. Contradicts reminds me of Social Studies which in turns link to O levels. Which of course, links to 12 January 2010.
Okay, time for me to blog about something random to distract myself from the somewhat depressing future...
On 28 November 2009, my family was waiting at Terminal 3 for our flight. I couldn't help but imagine a "what if" scenario. To put it simply, I thought "
What if my family was migrating to Australia?"
I have come up with different reactions.
Reaction #1My parents: We're migrating to Australia.
Me: (too shock to say anything) O.O
Reaction #2My parents: We're migrating to Australia.
Me: (shocked) What?!?!
Reaction #3My parents: We're migrating to Australia
Me: (started crying) Am I being punished???
Reaction #4My parents: We're migrating to Australia.
Me: -silence-
Afterwards, I'd rush to my room and scream into my pillow.
My sister would quickly whip out her handphone and speed dial one of her best friends, Hazrina or Haz for short. After getting over our shock, my sister and I will make arrangements for our "big announcement" to our friends as swiftly as possible.
For my sister, she would probably switch on her laptop (if it was switched off in the first place which I highly doubt) and put as her facebook status: Sarah Lee is still in shock that her entire family is migrating to Australia. Or something along the lines.
As for me, since my sister would clearly have no intention on giving up her laptop anytime soon, I would have no choice but to do it the old fashion way... I took out my handphone and sms three very special people.
URGENT: Can we meet at the playground near our school now?Hopefully, they would reply ASAP. If not, I would be really pissed. Anyway, for the sake of continuing this hypothetical scenario, lets just assumed that they did.
I would be the first to arrive at the designated spot. While waiting for my so-called VIPs, I would play at the swings.
Whee~Sorry, I'm drifting off. After sending my distress message 45 minutes ago, Agnes and Dolly would probably arrive together. Despite living the closest to the school, Dolly would have probably seen the sms late and taken time to choose what clothes to wear. Wait, I'm confusing her with my sister. Oops.
Moving on, Wiphaporn would be the last to arrive since she lives the furthest. And I told them. Dolly would probably have the biggest reaction. Wiphaporn would be very quiet. Agnes would probably in between.
On second thought, she would probably go, "What?!?" Hmm... Sounds like reaction #3. The four of us would probably sit on the rubber ground (I miss the good old days when there was sand in playgrounds) and discuss the gloomy future ahead.
Soon, the day came where I would be standing at the very same spot at Terminal 3, Changi Airport. By the way, I would have gotten there by the skytrain.
Okay fine. Even to this point, I have never rode on the skytrain. But this is my fantasy so lets just say that I did.
Continuing, I would probably be staring at my handphone, in a daze. By then, I would have informed all of my friends about my sudden move to another continent. However, I only want to invite a small group of people to the airport to see me off. In my opinion, the more friends seeing me off, the harder it would be to leave.
So I had a very hard and memorable decision to make. The people whom I would invite had to be, of course, someone close to me (no way am I inviting Zehuan) and preferably someone with nerves of steel.
No tears during my departure, I thought.
I would glance over at my sister while waiting. She would be surrounded by her 3 best friends, Haz, Shang and Hazel. Or maybe not. Hazel might still be Australia herself. If that's the case, my sister would be with two of her best friends and holding a 3G phone which can transmit video-conferencing with Hazel.
Okay, back to me. I checked my watch. As if on cue, the five people I have invited entered the departure hall. Fa'izah would be stony-faced, refusing to look sad. Dolly would give me the biggest hug she has ever given which might not be saying much since she is not really the hugging kind. Wiphaporn would probably shake my hand and wish me all the best since she is definitely not the hugging kind. Shafiqah would be laughing, trying hard not to cry. Agnes would cry for sure.
The day before, I would make cards like I did for my choir juniors for these five people. They would generally say the same thing: Goodbye and thank you for the memories. Of course I would write something more personal but that's the overall message.
Soon, the announcement of my flight would be made and I would pick up my bagpack. I took out my father's digital camera (I need to get myself one of those) and capture the tearful moment. I was finally confident enough to walk through the departure gate.
With a smile, I also took out a drawing block, painstakingly decorated by me. In bold letters, two words were written on it which hopefully could be seen from a huge distance.
See you!And my daydream ended. That was fun. xD
***
HAPPY 16 BIRTHDAY, SHAFIQAH!!!
Looks like I owe you a present for two years. ^^
Labels: back, birthday, what if
-strips of memory
12:14 pm