Saturday, 11 July 2009
As many of you probably realised by now, school's started and it's not going anywhere. Somehow, I have this ominous feeling that schools would continue till the end of the school year. It hasn't been too bad coming back.
The classes are still the same. Generally, I'm okay with my seating arrangement. No point complaining about something so petty, right? Lately, I've been listening to Michael Jackson songs on youtube. I admit I'm a fan. To me, he's the one and only King of Pop. It would take a mind-blowing prodigy of a performer to dethrone him. As many said, although he's no longer moonwalking on the face of the Earth, his legacy shall live on.
Like my sister's friend said, "
He's probably moonwalking to Heaven right now."
After watching the whole "MJ death" drama, I started thinking about my own death. Not in the depressing kind of way, of course. So this is how it'll be. When I passed away (hopefully it won't be anytime soon), everyone shall mourn for me for 24 hours. Thank goodness I'll be having a Muslim funeral. I've always like things which were simple.
Afterwards, I decree that a celebration of my life will be held. Everybody will reminisce about the good stuff about me. And the bad stuff for those who don't like me. Lol. So basically, mourn (all the tears and sniffles) for 24 hours after death, then everybody go and party. So those who like me can attend the funeral and the party; those who don't can just attend the party.
I understand that different religions and races have different mourning periods so I doubt people will actually follow whatever I just typed in the last two paragraphs. My sister once told me that the Ancient Egyptians would have a celebration after a funeral because they believed that the death of a loved one is also a cause for celebration as one enters the afterlife.
I wish I could adopt that practice but I don't think that's going to work. Sigh...
So that's basically what I've been thinking about lately. Of course I've been thinking about other stuff but this is one which concerns everyone who knows me.
Labels: future
-strips of memory
6:15 pm