Thursday, 21 May 2009
So we finally got our results. Except for Amaths. I didn't want to blog about how I felt after the exams as I didn't want to jinx it. Guess what? I didn't. I have either scored higher than what I expected or just as I did. Sadly, I'm still upset and it's strangely not because I failed 3 papers.
This might seem random but I feel like I'm losing myself everyday. Yes, it sounds like I'm being melodramatic (as usual) but I'm serious this time. When I was young, I was taught the concept of "black and white" aka what's the difference between right and wrong.
But as I grow older, I was slowly introduced to the new idea of "grey". Apparently, "grey" is something which is a wrong deed but is somewhat justified. Sounds confusing? Like for example, when I was young, the "black" was simply telling a lie and the "white" was telling the truth.
What's the "grey" you asked?
Telling a white lie. Or the kind of lies which you tell because you don't want to hurt the person's feelings. It's still a lie but yet somehow, it's kind of "justified". Even when people say that they want to hear the truth, I don't think they fully mean it. I have to admit that there are even times when I don't want to near the truth but I still say that I do.
Ok, never mind. I'll just change the topic now.
So back to MYEs. Frankly, I would rather switch my 3 science results (A2, A2, & B4) with my 2 languages + combined humanities grades (B3, D7, D7). If that's the case, my English & combined humanities would be A2 and my Malay B4. Yes, that means my Physics will be B3, my Biology and Chemistry will be D7.
It's not that I don't give a flying frog about Science. I do care which was why I felt tremendously relieved when I managed to pass all three of them. Truth to be told, I value languages and combined humanities more than Sciences. Call me crazy but that's my opinion.
I would seriously love love love to swap my grades. Yes, even if it means that they would probably ask me to drop to -god forbid- combined science. Ah well. Life's like that, I suppose.
So in order to cheer myself up, I'm going to do something what my parents never do. I'm going to focus on the good things about MYEs. Hard to believe but there are.
Firstly, and this is the most important for me.
I scored an 30/50 for Malay composition!!! Actually I scored 31 but the plus 1 mark was because I did mindmap so it doesn't count. My mouth was wide open when Cikgu Liza announced it. Oh my god! O.O
Secondly,
I scored two L5 for SBQ in SS. So cool. xD
Thirdly,
I got 14 points for my summary, bringing my mark to 20/25! Pure bliss.
Fourthly,
I scored 77/80 for Emaths P1. A "v. good" was written on my paper. ^^
Fifth,
Ms Dianah surprisingly did not say anything about my handwriting. Woots! This is a big deal to me, ok? By the way, is there such a word as "fifthly"???
Sixth,-
Actually, I can't think of anymore. I don't see any good points in science. I guess it's true what they say. You don't learn as much from successes as compared to failures. :)
To all my friends out there, cheer up! But if you need someone to "emo" with, call me. xD
I emo-ed with Li Qin today. I wonder if it worked...
Labels: mid-year examinations, results
-strips of memory
9:01 pm