Sunday, 12 April 2009
11 April 2009This day is one of the most memorable days of my life.
Firstly, it was the first and last choir practice on a Saturday before SYF. It went all right except that we took so long to get ready. First it was the Altos, then the baritones, lastly the sopranos. And our
Natsu was super sharp. Well, I'm not sure if it was only the altos but this practice just further emphasized on our need for sectionals.
Altos, if we work hard and sing our hearts out on 17 April, Dolly and I promise you that there will not be any tears of regret from us no matter what we get. We haven't forgotten about this promise and we intend to keep it.CHOIR, LET'S GET A SILVER FOR SYF!!!
Moving on. Secondly, we watch CATs the musical on this day. Wiphaporn, Reno, Agnes, Tian Jie, Rizqi, Kevin, Amanda, Yuwen and I got the $50 ticket to watch it! I was so excited when I found out.
I especially love the blend of the actors voices. Hopefully, our choir will be able to accomplish that someday. Plot-wise, it was boring but the dancing, singing and the lights made up for it. So overall, it was great!!!
We had to run all the way to the Esplanade from City Hall station as we thought we would be late. In the end, we reached there 5 minutes before the show started. Hahas. Anyway, I switched my ticket with Tian Jie so that he could enjoy the show more. xD
And like most of my choir mates, I love love the song Memory! It was the only song I know before watching the musical anyway. I wanted to buy a programme booklet but it cost $20. My wallet couldn't afford it.
Anyway, after the musical, we went around looking for food to eat. In the end, Tian Jie, Agnes and Kevin ate at Bread Talk (I thought they were only kidding -.-) while the rest, including I, continued on our journey to find a decent place to eat. I wasn't that worried to be honest. After all, Tian Jie will keep her safe
and busy. =)
*coughs*
Right. So we ended up at Pizza Hut. Our group was further divided as there were no available table for 10. So we split 6-4. Wiphaporn, Reno, Vanessa, Nicole, Rizqi and I at one table; Yuwen, Jiawen, Amanda and Yee Chin were at the other.
The seafood pizza was delicious! And we didn't have to wait long for it to arrive. While waiting we mostly told crude jokes (*shivers*) so there were tons of laughter. After eating we went to the food court as Wiphaporn wanted to eat more. Afterwards, we went window-shopping. We saw this lovely white dress but it was, once again, too expensive.
I think we all went back home around 8-plus(?). We were once again divided. Wiphaporn, Reno, Rizqi and I decided to take the bus back home. The rest took the mrt. It was fun walking around and taking in the sights of everything at night. I love seeing the water sparkle. It has a nice soothing effect on me somehow.
Although we got lost in the end, we found our way back. I reached home at around 11.30pm. Thank goodness the 812 bus arrived at the yishun int almost right away. I was so exhausted when I reached home that I didn't even reply to any sms.
The only regretful thing was that Dolly couldn't make it as she had piano lessons. Oh and if I had known that Reno would enter the girls' washroom without knocking, I wouldn't have told him that his stuff was in there. Sorry, girls! =(
&speak repliesruby: Hey, Ruby! Hahas. Thanks for tagging. Smile always. =)
Sabrina jr: Hey! LOL. Hihi, my dear junior of the same name! xD
amandaa;: Hi, Amanda!!! *high fives* Choir as a CCA rocks! Sad that choir wasn't considered as a CCA in your school... That sounds so what the hell... Anyway, the wait is over, yeah? We're now in choir!!! xDD
***
Oh, and to Wiphaporn:
Thanks for sending that sms. I was so very touched as I know your phone bill is high. I didn't reply since I didn't want it to go even higher. You're welcome and thanks for leading me across the road whenever we jay-walked. Oh my, I sound like a kid now. Anyway, sorry that I couldn't accompany you any further and left you all alone with Reno. *shivers* From now on, don't accept any drinks from him, okay?
In other words, hope you had a safe journey home. =))Labels: choir, outing
-strips of memory
10:22 am