Saturday, 4 April 2009
The Achievement Day performance was okay in my opinion. Pity about our entrance and exit. For the first time, I felt like screaming at the choir before the performance started to just shut the hell up. Don't they realise how sound travels? Do I have to give them, especially the altos, a coffee-fuelled sermon on sound???

These were the comments that I heard about our performance. Should I post them on the choir blog?

1. "I could hear you guys but it wasn't inspiring. It was too safe. You guys need to get out of your comfort zone... ..."

Firstly, my sister has been watching way too much American Idol. She out on the "judges" tone when she said this to me. The good thing is that she could here us even when she was sitting outside the hall at the study area, playing the NDS. Good to know that pokemon platinum is more interesting than our choir performance. -.-

Anyway, I think what she's trying to say is that we don't put enough emotion into the songs. Hmm...

2. "No, I didn't watch it but I heard the sound system went down in the middle of the performance."

Really??? I guess I was too busy singing to notice.

3. "The choir was nice except for the first song. It sounded good at first but after that, they kept repeating the words."

This was from some girl who queued behind me for the food. She was talking to her friends and I overheard her. Suddenly, she nudged me and asked me if I was from choir. I proudly said "yes". Then, she told me our performance was good.

I still can't decide if she meant it or not.

So, overall, I enjoyed listening to feedback. At least now, I know which direction we can head in order to improve. We need to behave like performers (with the stage presence, the entrance and exits, etc) and put our hearts into the songs.

At the end of the day, I enjoyed Achievement Day 2009. It was my last AD and my sister attended it even when she didn't have to record anything for her project. I'm truly touched by her gesture. I don't know why but I allowed myself to be dragged by Lyris to do the banja with the choir. I guess I wanted to be included in something as fun and as insane as it.

Something random: I've also been watching American Idol. I love the idea of making a farewell video for each of the idols. I wished we had something like that when we graduate. Each of us would have our own video made just for us which comprises of our performances and the teachers commenting (good stuff, I hope) about us with a lovely farewell song played in the background. So now, I'm addicted to the song "Home Sweet Home" by Carrie Underwood. Maybe this song will be played during our farewell ceremony? xD




Last time, if Wiphaporn were to suggest for extra practice, I would happily shout "YES!" and support the motion without a second thought. But a few days back, the motion was suggested. For the first time, I hesitated. I paused to think.

Don't get me wrong. It's not because I've grown lazy or that I've finally given up on the choir and decide to concentrate on my studies. Frankly, I wondered if I would be facing a disappointment. I wanted to say this to the altos but the whole choir was there. How could I let them down by saying this to them in front of the others? All I know was that it's not like they haven't done the same to Dolly or me.

The discipline is not getting better. If we were to have extra practice, I wonder if we would be making full use of the time or would there be chaos instead. Yet a part of wish we have more sectionals instead. Combine is good but we need sectionals too. We still made a lot of mistakes and I think everyone, not just the altos or the baritones, need more sectionals. We are just too forgetful.

And frankly, I'm tired of disappointing Ms Ong. I want to be better. I can be better. I still strive to be better from the moment I had stepped up because I felt that I wasn't good enough to even be an ASL and that the altos deserved better.

Labels:

-strips of memory
4:23 pm


'ENTRANCE
Congratulations for making your way into this blog! Now was it so difficult to find?

Well, you know the drill:
1) Read the blog entries.
2) Tag before you leave!
3) Return to this blog. It's always nice to see returning visitors.

Thanks for reading! :D


'GIRL
Sabrina Lee
Brought into this crazy world on 18 November 1993,
a Scorpio,
and is a proud Singaporean. ^^

Studying in AIPS AISS,
& was grouped into Alto, Choir.

Is currently learning how to move on with her life...
This is her story. :)

"My friends keep me sane. That is why when I count my blessings, I count them twice."


'CONVERSATIONS





'EXITS
Choir
Agnes
Amanina
Aristle
Bing Cheng
Cherlynn
Danial
Esther
Farhan A
Farhan S
Jane
Janet
Jiawen
Jie Xing
Kerry
Liyana
Marvin
Nicole
Ruby
Sabrina
Sarah
Sherwyne
Tian Jie
Wei Shian
Wiphaporn
Xavier
Xinwan
Xiuling
Yi Xuan
Yuwen
Zikry

'MEMOIRS
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009


'GRATITUDE
thisfate