Friday, 12 December 2008
HELLO SINGAPORE!!!



Yes, I'm back and it feels good. The weather here is still hot and humid but I don't care. No, I have not caught some Australian disease that makes one hallucinate during such an arguably fine weather. Although I did get a short-term syndrome in Australia. I felt unwell and very very irritated. On top of it, I had some unknown insect bites all over me which is very itchy.

I only realised later that I was actually homesick.

Which is why that I, Sabrina Lee, vow to never ever migrate to anywhere. In other words, I'm staying in Singapore. So there.

Anyway, overall, Australia was all right. It definitely open my eyes to the positives and negatives of Singapore. I shall list them out here.

THE POSITIVES

1. The weather. That's right. I love the humid weather. It was so cold in Melbourne when my family first touched down. And it was supposed to be near summer! But the next day, the weather was cool (in a good way).

There, my family visited my father's childhood friend who migrated to Melbourne, Australia. His house was cosy and big. There were Roald Dahl books there! The ones written for adults. I finally read the ending to Taste. I first heard this story when my sec 1 Lit teacher read out an extract of the story. She left it at a cliffhanger so it was only until 2 years later that I found out the ending. The story was so interesting that I still remembered it and I felt very contented when I finally finished it.

By the way, we stayed in Melbourne from 24 Nov to 1 Dec. We board a plane to Sydney on that Dec afternoon. Sydney's weather is like Singapore but more breezy. My sister likes this kind of weather apparently.

Funnily, it didn't rain much during our stay in both states. I suppose it did because if it didn't, they would be experiencing a drought but it must have while we were indoors.

2. -

Hmm... Actually, there's not much left. Or maybe there is but I just haven't discovered them yet. Ah yes, the negatives... xP

THE NEGATIVES

1. Television commercials. I know this might seem lame but I have to admit: Australia has funnier, hence better, commercials. They make the breaks in between the television shows more bearable. Ok, so maybe not all of the commercials were great. Some of them was plain "wth". Especially the one which showed a cat-man (a man with a cat face) stopping other cat-mans (or cat-men) from robbing fish. Or at least, I think that was the story. In the end, they were advertising a car. Seriously, why show cat-men? -.-

I especially loved the cereal advertisement. The cereal is called All Bran. It starts with two guys working in a cubicle. One guy started eating the cereal All Bran and he said to the other "All Bran's delicious." Suddenly, a woman from another cubicle beside theirs stood up and she was waaay tall. She said that they were being mean to her, mistaking that they said "Tall Jan's malicious!" LOL.

Maybe it doesn't sound that funny when you read about it.


2. The service. The salesmen and saleswomen will always say, "Hi, how're you doing?" and they'll actually say it like they mean it. And it's not just in malls. There's some in airports, hotels. etc etc. In other words, they act like they care.

No offence but the salespeople in Singapore are polite, yes, but you can kind of tell that they're faking it. Of course, I'm only saying this in general and not referring to every individual.


3. HEROES!!! Sorry, I am actually referring to the television series. Season 3 is currently airing on those free-to-air channels. Channel 5 hasn't begun showing season 3 yet. But it's all right since I can always watch the series on Star World.

My heart goes out to all those who don't have cable.


4. Public toilets. I know this might sound lame once again but I'm being totally serious. The public toilets are a lot cleaner. I don't really want to elaborate on this.


So there you go. Despite all of the negatives, I still love Singapore more. Call me crazy but I will never migrate. Let's face it: it's a lot easier to find halal food in Singapore.

Ah ha! Another positive. ^^

-REMARKS replies

Nina: HEY! Thanks for tagging. =)

wip, TJ, ruby, Z: Thank you very much! Hope you don't mind that I reply to you guys at once.

AMANDA: Hahas. Thanks. I love you too! Cantare 2 rocks. x))

wip: It's ok. On the plus side, it makes this year's birthday more memorable. ^^" I hope I helped.

GENA: Will do. :)

-strips of memory
11:44 am


'ENTRANCE
Congratulations for making your way into this blog! Now was it so difficult to find?

Well, you know the drill:
1) Read the blog entries.
2) Tag before you leave!
3) Return to this blog. It's always nice to see returning visitors.

Thanks for reading! :D


'GIRL
Sabrina Lee
Brought into this crazy world on 18 November 1993,
a Scorpio,
and is a proud Singaporean. ^^

Studying in AIPS AISS,
& was grouped into Alto, Choir.

Is currently learning how to move on with her life...
This is her story. :)

"My friends keep me sane. That is why when I count my blessings, I count them twice."


'CONVERSATIONS





'EXITS
Choir
Agnes
Amanina
Aristle
Bing Cheng
Cherlynn
Danial
Esther
Farhan A
Farhan S
Jane
Janet
Jiawen
Jie Xing
Kerry
Liyana
Marvin
Nicole
Ruby
Sabrina
Sarah
Sherwyne
Tian Jie
Wei Shian
Wiphaporn
Xavier
Xinwan
Xiuling
Yi Xuan
Yuwen
Zikry

'MEMOIRS
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009


'GRATITUDE
thisfate