Tuesday, 28 October 2008
Since the holidays are officially here, I suppose I should blog more often right? But that's the problem. Because the holidays are here, I've been playing the NDS like crazy.

As for the research I'm suppose to do for Australia, I've only started on Sydney. In this trip, my family will be travelling to Sydney and Melbourne specifically. It's a 17-day trip: from 24 November to 10 December. My sister's super excited about it, especially the shopping aspect of the trip, but I'm actually only there for the beaches.

Maybe it's the budding geographer within but I was seriously awed by the lovely photos of beaches on the brochures. I must remind my father to charge his camera to full before leaving for the trip. He tends to forget that. -.-

Ok, enough about the trip. On to my EOY results.

My father attended the PTM. Unlike Monil, I simply had to tell my parent about it. Note that I typed "parent" and not "parents". I didn't really see the need to tell my mother since I knew she wouldn't go.

Anyway, I hurried my father to arrive early as I couldn't stand waiting and it worked! In the end, we were the first to arrive. ^^

So the moment of truth came quicker than I hoped. Mrs Leong said that I was doing fine socially in class and that I had managed my time wisely. Hehes, would she have said differently if she were to find out that I had studied everything at the very last minute when others have been preparing weeks in advance?

My father commented how I had improved in some of my subjects and asked me if I was happy with my results. I somehow couldn't say "yes". My mind was still dwelling on the dream that I had of dropping Physics.

So I got to keep all of my subjects. On one hand, I'm happy that I'll be in the same class as Agnes and Fa'izah. On the other, yes, I'm still thinking about the possibility of me dropping Physics. I felt better when Dolly confided in me on how she wanted to drop a subject as well despite the fact that she didn't have to.

I advised her not to of course. It was then that I realised that I should take my own advice. Besides, my sister "counselled" me, saying that it's stupid to drop a subject just because I wanted to avoid stress. Sister knows best. =)

To be honest, when I look at my results, I felt no sense of accomplishment. Actually, I only felt it when I got my raw SA2 results because I know that I had earned it. 100% my effort. What my sister said is true. She pointed out that the whole "CA-daily work" system does not work.

Which is why I'm going to post my raw SA2 score (without oral, listening comprehension etc) and my overall score.


::SABRINA'S SA2 RAW SCORES 2008::

English: 68.9 - B3 (I admit that this paper was not very well done...)
Malay: 49.3 - D7 (Yeah, I failed. But thanks to LC and oral, I scraped a 60)
A Maths: 81.1 - A1 (Thanks, Mr Tan!)
E Maths: 81.6 - A1 (Yay!)
Biology: 71.0 - A2 (I got a sticker for this. ^^)
Chemistry: 76.0 - A1 (That's unexpected...)
Physics: 73.0 - A2 (Woots!!!)
Geography: 80.0 - A1 (I probably can't score this high for O levels)
S.S. : 60.0 - B4 (Wow, I passed!)

I still can't believe I scored the highest in Chemistry among all of my sciences... And I was one of the 6 people in my class who scored a distinction in Physics!!! 0.0


::SABRINA'S OVERALL MARKS & GRADES::

English: 67 - B3 (My dad asked me what had happened. I shrugged.)
Malay: 70 - A2 (Thanks, Mr Hamsani!)
A Maths: 83 - A1 (Yay!)
E Maths: 85 - A1 (I'm officially a maths freak...)
Biology: 74 - A2 (Darn it! One more mark to A1.)
Chemistry: 76 - A1 (Now all I need is to transfer one mark from this to Bio.)
Physics: 71 - A2 (O.O)
Comb. Humans.: 71 - A2 (Once again, thanks Sis!)

Total: 597/800
Percentage: 74.6

L1R4: 8
L1R5: 10

Mrs Leong hastily scrawled "Well done! 9th position. 14 level position." I told her to add in the level position in case I forget. xD

Youyou scored top as usual. Jasmine was second, Jingen third and Kang Yong fourth. I wonder if it will stay that way in Sec 4... Ah well. Results are results. I don't want to worry about them anymore. Now, I'm focusing on choir.

Speaking of which, there's a choir practice tomorrow. It originally started at 10am but I pushed my section to come an hour earlier. I was hoping we could at least get the AVA for that one hour but as it turns out, the Sopranos are starting earlier as well and so are the Bass and Tenors.

*grumbles grumbles*

I feel that we are not yet prepared for the concert but with proper time management and effort, we can make it! After all, I am skipping most of my family chalet just for this concert. Sigh...

I realised that I've been neglecting those faithful people who have been tagging at my blog. Sorry guys! From the oldest...

-REMARKS replies

Sarah: Yeah, yeah...

Thief of Thirteen Black: I agree. If I had it my way, I would slack 24/7.

Nicole: Hey! I still think you did great. xD

farhan: Thanks! It's been ages since I've been to your blog... u.u

Nina: Sure! Hahas. You're welcome. :)

ruby: Hi, Ruby, Thanks. I needed it.

Queenieღ: Hello! Ok, let's be friends. ^^

xw: Thank you! x)

agNES: Oops. Typo error. Hahas. Of course I didn't purposely put you and Clement consecutively. It just so happened that when I thought of you, I thought of Clement. xP

xw : LOL. Yeah. I'm a bit slow for someone who's in the fast lane. x)

Nina: Hi! Lols.

Sabrina/1E5: Lol. I guess so. =D

GENA: Okay. =)

AMANDA: Yay! Glad you're going. ^^

Note: Sorry that there's no colour. I got fed up after typing out my results... ^^"

-strips of memory
12:24 pm


'ENTRANCE
Congratulations for making your way into this blog! Now was it so difficult to find?

Well, you know the drill:
1) Read the blog entries.
2) Tag before you leave!
3) Return to this blog. It's always nice to see returning visitors.

Thanks for reading! :D


'GIRL
Sabrina Lee
Brought into this crazy world on 18 November 1993,
a Scorpio,
and is a proud Singaporean. ^^

Studying in AIPS AISS,
& was grouped into Alto, Choir.

Is currently learning how to move on with her life...
This is her story. :)

"My friends keep me sane. That is why when I count my blessings, I count them twice."


'CONVERSATIONS





'EXITS
Choir
Agnes
Amanina
Aristle
Bing Cheng
Cherlynn
Danial
Esther
Farhan A
Farhan S
Jane
Janet
Jiawen
Jie Xing
Kerry
Liyana
Marvin
Nicole
Ruby
Sabrina
Sarah
Sherwyne
Tian Jie
Wei Shian
Wiphaporn
Xavier
Xinwan
Xiuling
Yi Xuan
Yuwen
Zikry

'MEMOIRS
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009


'GRATITUDE
thisfate