Monday, 21 July 2008
Yay!
I am proud to announce that most of my competitions are now over! Woots! xDDD
Namely the
Greenbuilding one and the
Climate Change one. Oh thank goodness. The Greenbuilding competition was on the 16 July 2008, Wednesday, at Ngee Ann Poly. I had to skip half of the school day.
Ngee Ann Poly looked nice. And huge! I was feeling quite nervous about our presentation and our model. After all, we still had a few touch-ups to do: making trees, signs etc etc. But in the end, it turned out ot be alright. I felt that You You, Liqin and Aristle did well for the presentation. I did ok as well. ^^
In the end, we got the silver award. Second in other words. I admit that I was a little disappointed. When they announced that RI got third, I was euphoric. Alas, Hillgrove Secondary School got first in the end.
I saw their model but I didn't get to see their presentation. However, they had a total of 62 votes whereas AISS scored 26. RI got 11.
Not like that's important...However, at the end of the day, I was exuberant that we got second. It was better than what I had hoped for. All those hours at Mr Fong's house were worth it. And those were VERY long hours. The day before the competition, while we were slaving away, Mr Fong asked us,
"What happens if we don't win anything?"Liqin, our plant expert, said that she would be upset since she put in so much effort. I can't remembered what I said but I guess I would just feel neutral about it. >.>
By the way, these are our roles in Greenbuilding:
- Liqin's the plant expert (the budding botanist),
- You You's the designer (the landscape artist),
- I'm the irrigation expert (the plumber), and
- Aristle's the sun orientation expert (aka Mr Sunshine!)
Anyway, the time when I felt the most proud there was not when we got second but when one of the judges personally came to compliment on our work. That was one moment of happiness that I will never forget. =)
So my team and I will be honoured this Thursday. My second time honoured. Hopefully, I'll remember to bring my tie. -.-"
Today was the final round of Learn@ 1 Degree N aka Climate Change competition. I think I sucked at it since I wasn't very prepared. Oops. We were the first team to go and we actually started early. We were suppose to start at 2pm but it was around 1.50pm. We got lucky that we entered the final round, but it'll take us a miracle to be one of the top 3 schools.
Thinking about it, it doesn't matter if our school is one of the top 3. We're one of the top 10 schools and that's good enough. Mr Ong agrees anyway.
So that's basically about it. I would love to upload some pictures but I'll save them for later.
Tag replies
Gena : Okayys! :D
sabrina1E5 : LOL! Hi!
hito : Hahas. Thanks. :)
yx : How far did you go? Thank you. ^^
Dark EonZ : Hello!!! Hahas. Thanks...
xw : Hey... Linked!
yuwen ;) : Alright! x)
axrr : Hey, Ruby!!! And thanks. xDD
Zikry : Re-linked. :)
Labels: competitions, replies, tags
-strips of memory
5:15 pm