Saturday, 19 April 2008
Yesterday was the much-awaited (well, to me anyway) concert,
Parcels. Although I missed 3/4 of the concert, I heard it went well.
The actors from
ODDS were convincing. At least I know the "children" were. I only saw the "parents", "postman" and the emcees during the rehearsals and they were ok too. The
CO probably rocked the house, the
band sounded awesome (as always) and the
Dance Ensemble were well-coordinated. At least I think the dancers were since I only saw them in the rehearsals as well.
Last but not least,
the choir was great! Ms Ong said we were in tune but there was still room for improvement. I hope the swaying weren't too much of an eyesore. But seriously, after all of those swaying,
do we still look like woodblocks???While on stage, I scanned through the audience. This was before the bell rang and the lights were very bright so the room was well-lit. During the performance of
Irish Blessing, I was concentrating on Ms Ong and looking straight into the darkness during
Opening Night to Broadway. While smiling, of course. :)
Anyway, during the afternoon show, I saw Syaakir and Monil. I was surprised that they actually came. Maybe Monil came to support ODDS? After all, he was definitely
not there to support Zehuan...
I also saw Mei Ling's mother. I'm surprised that I can still remember what she looks like. There were also Mdm Illysa, Mdm Hartini, Ms Dianah, Mr Zee and Mr Chua. I can't remember anyone else. Agnes said that even the
librarian showed up! I'm so touched. ^^
But a lot of people didn't turn up for the afternoon. As expected. The night one definitely had more people. I spotted Ms Sor, Mr Chin, alumni from choir, Amanda and Gui Ting as well as Fa'izah. The nerve of her to show up after she had deliberately skipped ushering. Surprisingly, she didn't wear her usual red shirt. It was yellow this time... Maybe because she didn't want to camouflage with the seats?
Most importantly, I saw
Mr Ng!!! Woots! So he did come after all. I managed to spot him among the audience, and when the choir was about to sing, he actually moved forward to the second row. Coincidentally, at the
Opening Night to Broadway act, the choir split in to two groups and I was standing right in front of him. I smiled even wider after that. =D
Also not forgetting
the ushers. Poyi sure knows how to dress smart casual. It was the first time I saw here in home clothes. Lol. And Genesis looked so formal. Good colour-coordination. I didn't know he was so dedicated to SC.
After the concert, I was very euphoric. I kept jumping up and down especially whenever I saw Qian Hui. I'm now alone at home so there's no one to jump up and down with. Awww....
Well, now that Parcels is over, Choir will be on hold. I miss it already. I wasn't even sick of
Irish Blessing. It's such a nice song. I always think of my friends when I sing it. Which is why I was able to smile while singing. And my seniors and juniors make the practices so much fun.
Speaking of which,
Cheer up, Janet! You did well. All of us did. Things will die down by Monday. For sure. =)
So I won't be missing anymore school this coming week. Back to the same old rushed life. Then it'll be MYEs. Sigh...
I want my
Broader Perspective issue for this month! I borrowed Wiphaporn's one and it looks so interesting. It's the
lost issue. I want to know why Singaporeans feel so lost. But I don't feel lost though.
Whether I'm on stage, in the AVA, in my house or even in the classroom, seeing all the smiles on my friends' and family's faces makes me feel right at home.
***
MANY THANKS TO:
Agnes! For lending me your A Maths book 1. I would have never completed that exercise without it.
Shafiqah! For telling me what homework we have and what happened in school. And for agreeing to collect my Physics worksheet.
Fa'izah! For informing me on the Malay homework on Monday.
Liqin! For giving me a copy of the chemistry practical worksheet and lending me yours. Practical sounded so fun... *sniffs*
Aristle! For collecting my Physics worksheet on your own initiative.
I really appreciate it. :)
***
cheers repliesMANPING :D : Hey! Relinked. =)
farhan : Lol. Still care-free, I see.
anonymous : Thank you. I hope you don't mean it literally. ^^
-strips of memory
7:34 am