Saturday, 29 December 2007
How long has it been since I've blogged? *looking at the date of the previous entry* Ok... Very long. My apologies to my faithful readers. I'm not surprised if any of you are no longer faithful due to my long absence. I haven't even went online for a long time.

The holidays are coming to an end. Like no one's noticed... -.-

Surprisingly, I don't feel that sad. I feel quite neutral. It has been a LONG holiday and I do miss my friends a lot. Besides, the holidays haven't done me much good. But the best part of the holidays?

It would definitely have to be discovering my love for the NDS game, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Let me try to explain the concept of the game in my own words.

In the said game, your character is Phoenix Wright who is a defence attorney. For the benefit of those who don't know what a defence attorney is (don't snicker, sis), I'll explain it.

A defence attorney's job is to protect his client and prove that his client (called a defendant) is not guilty of whatever he or she is charged with, be it murder or theft.

A prosecutor, or a prosecuting attorney, is the opposite. This person's job is to convince the judge that the defendant is guilty of the charges. It's important that you know this in the game.

Moving on, it's pretty obvious what your goal is in this game: to get a "not guilty" verdict. In order to do so, you'll investigate the crime scene and other places and look for evidence or clues that would help you (and in some cases, not help you).

You also get to talk to witnesses, detectives and even the prosecutors before the trial to find out more information that might be of use. After your investigation, you'll go into battle in court.

At the beginning of the trial, the prosecutor will begin with an opening statement. Usually, this is the part where you get glimpse of the prosecutor's horrible attitude. Then, the prosecutor will usually call out the detective in charge of the investigation for the crime scene to testify. This where we find out more information and add more evidence to a pile call "Court Record".

To make it short, your job is to spot contradictions in people's testimonies. That's the most fun part of the game in my opinion. So as you can tell, this game requires you to think (and at times, a lot!). That is one of the numerous reasons as to why I like this game and is currently in the "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" phase.

Another one is because of their lovable characters. Well, most of them anyway. Some characters are just plain annoying and downright b****y. *coughs* Dahlia *coughs*

There are currently three games in the Ace Attorney series which has been translated to English. It is created by Capcom after all and thus, a Japanese game originally. Drat! Anyway, so right now, the only thing my head is filled of is thoughts concerning Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Sad that my friends don't play it.

Well, here's a picture from the first game!




These are the four main characters in the first game. Colour-coded for easy identification.

The yellow one is Mia Fey. She is Phoenix's mentor aka the person who taught him everything he knew. She's a great help throughout the three games despite an unfortunate incident which happened to her in the second case in the first game. Her relationship with Phoenix, affectionately known as Nick, is truly one that transcends lifetimes and death.

The purple one is Maya Fey, the younger sister of Mia. She is a spiritual medium and became the assistant of Phoenix since the end of the second case of the first game. It's obvious that she's just there for comic relief. However, there are times when she is very useful. She's also my favourite character in the game.

The blue one is our very own Phoenix Wright. The main protagonist of the game and he's great with sarcasm. He's a rookie and the prosecutors never seem to let him forget it in the first game. He cares a lot about his friends (who doesn't?) and since you are playing as him, has the ability to turnabout trials into his favour.

The red (?) one is Miles Edgeworth. He's the main prosecutor in the first game. He kind of took a setback in the second and third game. He has never lost a case and has a perfect record of getting a "guilty" verdict for defendants. Until he met Phoenix that is...

I wish I could upload my whole collection of PWAA pictures. But then if I do, this update would never be finished in time and Agnes might kill me if it doesn't! so I decided to upload only one more picture. =))



From the left: Miles Edgeworth (yes, he's still alive). Franziska von Karma (doesn't she look b****y in this picture?). Phoenix Wright (still the same spiky-haired sarcastic defence attorney that we know and love). Lastly, Pearl Fey, Maya's cousin (she's an eight-year-old prodigy spirit medium and loves to fantasize).

This is the banner for the second game, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All. Or JFA for short. This sequel isn't as good as the original sadly. Sorry, but I don't have the picture for the third game...

Anyway, that is all for today. I'll see you all at school in 2008. Just in case I won't be here at the time, I would like to wish everyone,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :D

-strips of memory
1:55 pm


'ENTRANCE
Congratulations for making your way into this blog! Now was it so difficult to find?

Well, you know the drill:
1) Read the blog entries.
2) Tag before you leave!
3) Return to this blog. It's always nice to see returning visitors.

Thanks for reading! :D


'GIRL
Sabrina Lee
Brought into this crazy world on 18 November 1993,
a Scorpio,
and is a proud Singaporean. ^^

Studying in AIPS AISS,
& was grouped into Alto, Choir.

Is currently learning how to move on with her life...
This is her story. :)

"My friends keep me sane. That is why when I count my blessings, I count them twice."


'CONVERSATIONS





'EXITS
Choir
Agnes
Amanina
Aristle
Bing Cheng
Cherlynn
Danial
Esther
Farhan A
Farhan S
Jane
Janet
Jiawen
Jie Xing
Kerry
Liyana
Marvin
Nicole
Ruby
Sabrina
Sarah
Sherwyne
Tian Jie
Wei Shian
Wiphaporn
Xavier
Xinwan
Xiuling
Yi Xuan
Yuwen
Zikry

'MEMOIRS
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009


'GRATITUDE
thisfate