Thursday, 29 November 2007
It's so good to be home and back in Singapore. No more signs primarily written in the Malay language and definitely no more riots. But the best part of returning is not seeing a certain talkative-to-the-point-of-irritating cousin till some time later.
Last Saturday was the day of
the wedding of the year (too many "of"s). Mr Ng's wedding!!! My sister, also my outfit-coordinator, finally decided what clothes I should wear for the wedding. She sure knows how to make a fuss over the little things. -.-
So at 9.55am, I met Agnes at the Yishun mrt station to embark on the very long journey to City Harvest Church. After taking the mrt to Boon Lay, we took the bus 242. To our surprise, the bus 242 switched lanes with 179. Such a coincidence. On the day of the wedding,
the two buses which could bring us to the church switched lanes.Yet, despite the little mishap, we still managed to arrive on time. The only ones from 2e2 there other than me and Agnes were Jowell, Monil, Kang Yong, Wei Yu and Hazim. They travelled in one group while Agnes and I formed another. Jowell's group arrived first because they jay-walked.
Agnes and I value our lives more so we took the pedestrian crossing. ^^
Kang Yong commented that I look like a doll. I think I like Agnes's compliment(?) better which is a ballerina. But I have to admit that there was some sense in that statement to say the least. All because of the white stockings which I wore...
The wedding ceremony was quite nice. Before it actually began, songs (
love songs of course) were being played and there was one guitarist and a pianist (more of a keyboardist, if there was such a word). Some guy sang two christian songs while the lyrics were shown on this slide show.
To make the long moment short, Agnes and I had to stand for a
very very long time. The first song was sang in English
and in Chinese (-.-). But the songs are not that bad, I guess. There were also backup singers and they sounded good.
Finally, the bride entered and the ceremony began at around 11.40, I think. The bride is so pretty!!! Anyway, there were a lot of jokes being said and some funny moments, especially during the part when you were suppose to object to the "union" of the couple.
When the bride and groom (Mr Ng!) walked down the aisle when it was over, I got to throw
real flower petals at them since I was sitting at the end of the row, closest to the aisle. That was so cool.
Then it was time for the lunch reception. The food was delicious and I especially like the
kuih. I volunteered to take the dessert for Agnes. It was either me or Agnes so since I was in a generous mood, I decided to "serve". I didn't mind but I think if it was Agnes, she would have minded a lot. Lol.
We shared the small table with a few other ladies. They are very socialable and we soon began chatting with them like as if we had known one another for years. It was also hilarious when Yu Zhen said to me, "
Sabrina meet Sabrina" and gestured to another lady.
After that, we took photos with Mr Ng and his bride with the other Yidus and e3s. Dolly and her friends looked so "glamorous". Hahas. Most of the e3 boys dressed formal. I guess the Yidus dressed kind of
semi-formal.
Sigh... I was also a little sad on that day since I was going to Malaysia after the wedding. I wanted to go to the dinner reception as well but at my age, I'm expected to be
mature about it and just suffer in silence. At least I gave my wedding present to Mr Ng personally.
Thanks to my sister who helped me wrapped it. For free too! Lols.
Sorry sis but I am not paying you to wrap a present. cheers repliesSARAH!: LOL. Yeah. Come sweet Heavens! I await your loving embrace. ^^
farhan: Hahas. I love Potterpuffs! x)
YONGSHENG: Lol. Well, now you know. Thanks. =D
W: Thank you. I know quite a number of "W"s though... It must be a trend to put your name as an alphabet. So far I have seen a "Z" and now a "W". It would be nice if you could just put your real names please. :)
the other farhan: You must be Farhan Samsuri. Lol. It's never too late for birthday wishes. Thanks! =)
Cherlynn: Hahas. From reading all your blog entries, 27th is a very nice day for you. :D
Labels: home, wedding
-strips of memory
5:25 am