Saturday, 2 June 2007
Here's a brief summary of OLE 2. I finally got round to typing it.
///////////
The Good:- Basic first aid. I learnt how to, erm, bandage people (and know who the couples are in my class. lol).
- Blind Man Trail. It was exciting and quite scary as I was the last person at the line.
- Zipline was alright. I was so scared that the instructor had to push me off the ledge and I screamed all the way. Mr Kwa laughed at me after that. How embarrassing.
- CRC a.k.a. Challenging Rope Course. The good thing about it was that I didn't scream at all! I only managed to complete 3 out of 4 stations though. You You congratulated me after that because I didn't scream. Thanks!
- The cheers and songs which I have learnt.
- The campfire was enjoyable. Especially the skit! Lol.
The Bad:
- The platforms which we slept on was hard. And I kept on waking up in the middle of the night due to noises (chatter, snoring...).
- Water Confident Course. It was bad due to, erm, feminine problems.
- Kayaking expedition. The way there was bad (sorry, Shafiqah!). But the way back was alright as I changed partner and ended up with Laurence. It was much more easier and filled with screams (or shouts) and laughter.
- Improvised Rafting with Knots. It was really hot and I wasn't of much help. =((
- The food served would always be alright in the morning but it would get worse throughout the day.
- Sweeping up an area at the campsite. Really tiring. Yong Sheng and Monil said that sweeping builds up character. Whatever. =.=
- Ze Huan's singing. Sorry, Ze Huan. Your courage is admirable but I can't say the same for the singing.
The Ugly:
- The toilets. Filled with sand and other things which I am unwilling to categorise. Eww...
- Slept late, woke up early. Yawns...
- When I saw Agnes being called a "loser". That is such a huge act of injustice. >=(
The Great:
- Rock-climbing. I REACHED THE TOP!!!!!!!!! WOOTS~~~ XD
- Seeing Mr Kwa "danced" to the Syafiq song.
- The instructors, of course! Wawa & Jerer. They were so great and lively. *high five*
- Going home ~~ I missed it.
Lessons learnt:
- How to tie different knots. The sad thing is that I think I've forgotten most of them now...
- Unity. One class, one voice. (Although I can't help but feel that our class will revert back to its un-united self soon...)
- Try out new things. Who knows? You might succeed in it.
- Never give up on yourself. =) (And I would like to add a big fat DUH to this point.)
///////////
That's mostly about it. Overall, I'll rate it 7.5/10. Or maybe an 8. They weren't kidding. OLE 2 is definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm glad I got to share it with my friends. =DD
-crickets-
Labels: camp, ole 2
-strips of memory
3:05 pm
'ENTRANCE
Congratulations for making your way into this blog! Now was it so difficult to find?
Well, you know the drill:
1) Read the blog entries.
2) Tag before you leave!
3) Return to this blog. It's always nice to see returning visitors.
Thanks for reading! :D
'GIRL
'GRATITUDE
thisfate